Bring on the Spring!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Last Child in the Woods

  I'm excited about not being the size of an affordable family car anymore. If you see me in public and I'm wearing stretch pants covered in cat hair, give me a break, and enjoy the glorious irony of me having a fashion blog.-Ruckus

   That said, it's winter again, and I'm thinking layers and mixed prints. There's a fine balance between layering and "I'm currently living out of my car, thus wearing everything I own at once". I often find myself toeing the line of the latter. And I know we've said it time and again, and life in general would be less exciting if we all could follow our own advice, but : sticking to similar colour families, or at least complimentary ones, and showing enough of your shape to confirm that no, you are not in possession of a bag of cats, will usually help you to look less like a street urchin, and more like you're sauntering the streets of some European city. That might be laying it on a bit thick. But you get the point.


Birch woodsIMG_1003
I feel like I did not nail the look I describe above in this outfit. AT ALL. But it fit me with minimal clawing and ripping. The pieces on their own are nice, but someone should have told me I looked a bit like a bag lady. ( I know this 'someone should have told me' was directed at me Ruckus, and you know what? you DON'T. There are times, and I tell you those times... this is not one of them...so keep your judgmental snark down a notch, k?)

100% Lambswool Varsity cardigan; GAP Maternity sailor top; Ethnic print broomstick skirt; Vintage Leather and wood clogs


Men's Hunting bootsIMG_1018IMG_1019IMG_1017
Face nails it again. I love the pairing of boyish boots and plaid with short-shorts. SO cute. (Face here, I think Ruckus and I both agreed, we would like to be able to take every shot, at every photo shoot on a swing. The angle Flatters like no other! Swings, in all bars! PLEASE)

 Boys Vintage cotton plaid shirt; Levi's cuffed short-shorts; Poppy embroidered scarf; Sorel Caribou boots

IMG_0998Mustard CorduroyIMG_0997-1
  Leather, sweater and corduroy. Perfect for fall and winter. Add thick tights and a hat if it gets really cold!

  Batik rough cotton scarf; Wool blend striped jumper; Old Navy cord pleat skirt; Vintage topstiched cowboy boots

Floral DenimIMG_1011
 Simple, with a pop of colour in a headband--cleverly made out of a strip of funky vintage fabric! (guys, I brought this skirt home and hemmed in REAL style, and now love it! I wore it HERE)

  Scoop-neck cotton top; Floral pocketed skirt; Vintage topstiched cowboy boots; Re-purposed headband

No comments:

Post a Comment